Laughter is prayer. If you can laugh you have learnt how to pray. Don't be serious; a serious person can never be religious. Only a person, who can laugh, not only at others but at himself also, can be religious. A person who can laugh absolutely, who sees the whole ridiculousness and the whole game of life, becomes enlightened in that laughter.
The Art of Dying, Chapter-6
1. Mulla Nasrudin went to the psychiatrist and asked if the good doctor couldn't split his personality.
"Split your personality?" asked the doctor. "Why in heaven's name do you want me to do a thing like that?"
"BECAUSE," said Nasrudin! "I AM SO LONESOME."
2. There was a case, a politician sued a man in the court. He said, 'In a hotel, this man called me an idiot.' Mulla Nasrudin was there to support the politician. 'Yes, he is right, this man called him an idiot.'
3. Mulla Nasrudin was in a taxi when the brakes failed.
"Help!" cried the driver in a panic. "I can't see it."
"WELL, said Nasrudin calmly, "CAN'T YOU AT LEAST TURN OFF THE METER THEN?
4. Mulla Nasrudin (in the barber's chair): "Got another razor?"
The barber: "Why?"
Nasrudin: "I WANT TO DEFEND MYSELF."
5. Mulla Nasrudin took his young son to the cinema, but only bought one ticket. The usherette pointed out that he needed a ticket for the boy, and Nasrudin said, "I GIVE YOU MY WORD AS A GENTLEMAN HE WON'T LOOK."
6. Mother-in-law: "My daughter has given you the best years of her life."
Mulla Nasrudin: "THEN I DREAD TO THINK OF WHAT THE WORST ONES ARE GOING TO BE LIKE."
7. "I don't know why your father does not like me," she said to Mulla Nasrudin at their wedding reception.
"Neither do I," replied Nasrudin. "AFTER ALL, MONEY, BRAINS AND LOOKS ARE NOT EVERYTHING."
8. Mulla Nasrudin went to see a rich man.
"Give me some money."
"I want to buy an elephant.
"If you have no money, you can't afford to keep an elephant."
"I CAME HERE," said Nasrudin, "TO GET MONEY, NOT ADVICE."
9. Darling," said Mulla Nasrudin to his wife, "have you got a good memory for faces?"
"Why do you ask a question like that?"
"BECAUSE I HAVE JUST BROKEN YOUR MIRROR."